Our Aims & Values
- Enjoy their school years and develop high self-esteem
- Keep healthy, and feel safe and secure
- Enjoy equal opportunities and experience success
- Develop lively, enquiring minds and become confident communicators
- Develop perseverance, independence and a wide range of learning skills
- Are well mannered, respecting themselves and the environment
- Make a positive contribution to the school and the wider community
- Appreciate the beauty and diversity of the world and their duty to protect it
We encourage an understanding of faith and culture in our diverse world, and reflect upon the Christian values of joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self control.
British values of democracy, liberty, the rule of law, individual learning, tolerance and respect are essential to the every day life of our school. Democracy is embedded within school council meetings, and explored through national and international events. Children are taught to understand their personal freedoms and responsibilities. The importance of laws are reinforced in everyday school life through the clear use of sanctions and rewards. The importance of tolerance and respect, including of those from different backgrounds, is strongly emphasised.
We welcome pupil and staff diversity and will challenge pupils, staff or parents expressing views contrary to fundamental British values, including any extremist views.
* Celebrations in St Mary's Church * School council * High expectation for behaviour and learning * Pupil voice interviews * PSHCE curriculum, including bikeability and the life education bus * Support for charities *